пятница, 8 апреля 2016 г.

Swoon Worthy Kid Craft

Swoon Worthy Kid Craft

My kids LOVE to craft. They love to paint. And they love to make a mess! At eight and three years old, it is rather difficult though to find a craft that is easy and enjoyable for both of my girls. And let’s be honest… it is especially difficult to find one that is feature worthy. I mean, I love to showcase their art in the playroom and on our back door but a full vignette feature? That’s another story.


I am on Pinterest almost daily between my blog, our house flips and our new house renovation. I had come across several “negative” space art projects and thought it was such a fun idea…


Negative Space Art

I also have a slight obsession with all of my new quote artwork in our home so I decided to merge the two ideas. The project was super easy and my girls had a blast! Now I can’t wait for them to get home from school and see their own artwork front and center on their dresser and nightstand. Accessorized with some fun artwork and accessories from HomeGoods, they look adorable! So here’s a look at our “Swoon Worthy Kid Craft”!


Supplies


Kid Craft

Supply List:


12″ x 16″ Canvas (this is the size I used)


Craft Paint


Foam Brushes


Letter Stickers


Step One


Mark lines in pencil for the desired letter placement.


Kid Craft 2

Step Two


Stick letters onto the canvas and press down firmly on every side.


Kid Craft 4

Kid Craft 6

Step Three


Paint! This is the very best part of this project… perfection isn’t necessary. Just let them GO AT IT!


Kid Craft 8

Kid Craft 9

Kid Craft 11

Kid Craft 12

Kid Craft 16

Step Four


Remove the letters!


The Pinterest Fail Truth!


Kid Craft 1

I LOVE to be honest so here are several things I learned upon starting this project..


1.Paper MAY work better than canvas at preventing the paint from bleeding underneath the letters. Just guessing.


2. I used double sided tape to secure some edges of the letters that started to pop up.


3. I used White-Out to correct the paint that bled underneath the letters once I removed them. The color matched the canvas perfectly!


The Result

WINNIE (For Winter’s Room)


Kid Craft 2L

Kid Craft 3L

HELLO BEAUTY FULL (For Addison’s Room)


Kid Craft 4L

Kid Craft 5L

Kid Craft 7L

XOXO, Brittany Hayes


Original article and pictures take addisonswonderland.com site

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий